Theatre during corona
Finally, we can go back to the theatre together! It will (briefly) not be like it was before, but we definitely want to ensure you have a pleasant cultural evening. You will be in good hands: we have adapted our entire operations to comply with the rules around distance and hygiene.
- The recent change to the distancing rules in theatres (from 1.5m to 1m) have an impact on our seating plan. In order to make optimal use of the auditorium, we will stagger audience seating. This means that the row number on your ticket no longer applies. We will guide you to your seat personally, and always ensure that every other seat is empty. Please note: even within bubbles, we will keep every other seat free.
- Be sure to come to shows on time, because it takes a little longer to assign everyone a place. The auditorium will open at least a quarter of an hour before the performance begins.
- You buy a ticket for a row, not for a seat. This allows us to fill rows organically with bubbles, and to keep the necessary distance between the seats of your bubble and those of other visitors.
- It is obligatory to wear a mouth mask everywhere in Brussels, including inside Kaaitheater and the auditorium before, during and after the performance. You may only take it off if you sit down at a table at the Kaaicafé.
- We have adapted our entire operations to comply with the rules around distance and hygiene. For example, we have introduced a circulation plan, several disinfection stations and sufficient distance between social bubbles. These are to be used with common sense.
- The ventilation system in the auditorium ensures the constant flow of fresh outside air.
- It is no longer permitted to provide a cloakroom, but you will have enough space around your seat to put your coat or bag away. A folding bicycle parking lot is available inside.
- Theatres are also obliged to facilitate contact tracing. We therefore ask one member of each bubble to leave behind their contact information. If you attend a performance, the booking office will take care of this. If you only have a drink at the Kaaicafé or visit the summer bar of The TheatreFestival, you can use the website ikzithier.be.
- Do you feel ill? If so, please stay home.
The safety and health of our audience, the artists and our staff members is paramount, so we comply strictly with the guidelines of the government and experts. For the time being, we are only announcing programme until the end of 2020. We have opted for short-term communication in order to take the changing circumstances into account as efficiently as possible.