Theatre during corona
As from 1 September, you will need a Covid Safe Ticket (CST) to attend the shows and programmes at Kaaitheater. On the 1st of October, the Brussels governement will introduce the corona pass in its region, which means the CST will also be needed in the Kaaistudios.
What does that mean in concrete terms?
For all shows and programmes taking place at Kaaitheater (Square Sainctelette), you will only be allowed into our halls upon presentation of a Covid Safe Ticket (CST). This applies to everyone over the age of 16.
Thanks to the CST, social distancing rules can be loosened which means that we safely can make room for more people in the audience. Wearing a face mask will no longer be mandatory, but we still advise you to wear one.
As from the 1st of October the CST will also be needed in the Kaaistudios (Rue Notre-Dame-du-Sommeil). Until the 30th of September, you do not need a CST for the performances in the Kaaistudios and the rules on distance and mandatory face masks remain applicable in accordance with the federal government’s measures for Brussels.
When do you get a Covid Safe Ticket?
- You are in possession of a vaccination certificate; you have been fully vaccinated for a minimum of two weeks.
- You have a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 dated no later than 6 months ago.
- You have taken a PCR test with a negative result; valid on the day of the test plus two days.
- You have taken an antigen test with a negative result (valid on the day of the test plus two days)
- Please note, Kaaitheater will not provide any tests.
- When your Covid Safe Ticket is scanned, no health data are shared nor kept.
How do you get your Covid Safe Ticket?
- You can get your CST via the CovidSafeBE app, which can be downloaded free of charge on your smartphone or from websites such as masanté.belgique.be of MyHealthViewer. To request your certificate, you need your ID card, card reader and pin code or another activated digital key (such as itsme).
- You can also request your CTS ticket by post. If you do, allow one week's waiting time.
- Visitors from the European Union must be able to produce the European Digital Green Certificate. Find more info here.
- If you are a resident of a country outside the European Union, please contact Info-Coronavirus to obtain your certificat and bring a pdf along.
- More info on the measures in Brussels: coronavirus.brussels
Good to know:
- Seats are not numbered, so you will be assigned a seat when you enter the auditorium. Please follow the instructions of the Kaai-staff.
- The ventilation system in the auditorium ensures the constant flow of fresh outside air. The CO2 concentration of the air in the auditorium is also continuously monitored. The CO2 meters are placed in a visible place in our theatres.
- Do you feel ill? If so, please stay home.
- If a performance cannot take place, your ticket(s) will be refunded.