RE:RITE OF PASSAGE
Newcomer, asylum seeker, student, expat… Every ‘arriver’ has their own background and experiences, and once had a different home. But they are all connected by one thing: the search for ways to become rooted in Brussels and to forge relationships with the city and with one another. How do you find your way in a new city with other customs and conventions? And especially, how do you do it without losing your own history?
As part of the Kaaitheater’s seasonal theme RE:RITE, we are launching RE:RITE OF PASSAGE with an exploration of how this search can be expressed in ritual form. Are you one of the enthusiastic young people who wants to collaborate with various artists around new rituals of arrival? You will reflect on life in a shared city, with the power of old and new rituals. You will abandon classical formulas and labels and experiment to develop a unifying ritual that brings everyone together. It is way of moving past the old and welcoming the new. How will this creative exchange result in a warm welcome to Brussels?
Do you want to transform your own experiences into an arrival ritual and to explore ways of welcoming everyone to the city? If so, RE:RITE OF PASSAGE is definitely for you!
Is this you?
- You are concerned about the future of Brussels;
- You are open to new and diverse encounters;
- You are looking for unforgettable experiences;
- You are free on nine half days between April and June? The project will end with a public event on World Refugee Day (20 June);
- There will also be a number of introductory sessions in March where you are very welcome
- The language(s) you speak is not important
More info? Interested? Message us!