job opening: Public Activities Coordinator (m/f/x)
Kaaitheater has an opening starting in March 2021: Public Activities Coordinator (m/f/x) - GECO statute
Since its inception in 1977, Kaaitheater has been a stage for contemporary performing arts, based in Brussels and with a global outlook. Today we present theatre, dance, performance and music theatre as well as a context programme of lectures and debates at two locations in Brussels’ canal zone: our 'great hall', the Kaaitheater on the Sainctelette Square, and the smaller Kaaistudios in the O.L.V. van Vaakstraat. A team of 38 committed employees makes a programme of some 250 performances per year possible.
At Kaaitheater, it is full steam ahead. Due to the corona crisis, the live programme was cancelled until 1 March 2021 and the theater carries on mainly through residencies, rehearsals and an online programme. The Kaaitheater building is facing major renovations in the next few years which means that we will (also) be presenting our programme at (an)other location(s) for two seasons. An exciting period in which we will renew and deepen our relationships with the stages and organisations in Brussels as well as the public. In short: Kaaitheater is a place where there will be room for experimentation and new ways of working for the foreseeable future.
As coordinator of public activities, you are a pivotal figure in the (evening) operation of Kaaitheater.
- You coordinate the reception of audiences and artists during performances, hall rentals and general events.
- You manage the front of house team (evening shift) so that the audience can be received in ideal conditions. Together with your team, you are the first point of contact for visitors.
- You take care of the connection and interaction between the box office, the Kaaicafé, the evening shift, the technicians and the artists on stage.
- You ensure that the performances start on time and are responsible for the safety and possible evacuation of the theatre.
- You coordinate the organisation of the public activities with the prevention advisor.
- You anticipate problems and make proposals to prevent these, in consultation with all relevant teams.
- Your day-to-day tasks include planning the auditorium staff, preparing the auditorium, theatre foyer and lodges as well as welcoming residents and artists.
- You arrange the opening, closing and security of Kaaitheater, before and after all public activities.
- You will make an active contribution to the organisation of closure/security in the new building project.
Profile & competences
- You share an interest in the (performing) arts.
- You have a great sense of responsibility for visitors, the team and the organisation.
- You can manage a team, motivate it and deploy it in a planned way.
- You have good social and communication skills and communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English.
- You work proactively, efficiently and accurately
- You can cope well under pressure and are able to react quickly.
- You are very flexible: your presence is mainly required during evenings and weekends, but you are also available for appointments and preparatory work during office hours.
- You meet the requirements for the GECO statute: you live in the Brussels-Capital Region and you have been unemployed for at least six months of the past 12 months OR you are over 40 years old and unemployed for at least one day on full benefit OR see conditions http://www.actiris.be.
- You are familiar with safety rules, protocols and first aid.
- You are familiar with Yesplan (planning software cultural sector)
- You have already gained experience in a similar position.
We recruit on the basis of competencies and talents, regardless of age, diploma, gender, origin, disability, etc.
- A full time (38h) contract of indefinite duration, where overtime can be recuperated.
- An allowance according to the scales of the Joint Committee 304; pay scale B.
- An attractive working environment full of variety within an enthusiastic team.
- The possibility to follow training courses (personal skills and work related).
- A base at the Sainctelette Square in Brussels; easily accessible by train, tram, bus and metro.
- Full reimbursement of commuting expenses by public transport or bicycle.
- Meal vouchers, group insurance, 13th month and hospitalisation insurance after one year of service.
Does this sound like something for you?
Then submit your application before 8 February 2021 to email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview before 12 February 2021 and the interview will take place on 22 or 23 February 2021.
For additional information, please contact Nadia El-Boubsi on 02 / 201 58 58.
All applications will be handled with attention and discretion.